Jim Berrier Memorial Lake
The Chapter’s lake is an oasis in the middle of Montgomery County. The 3-acre lake provides members with an opportunity to fish, camp, have cookouts and relax.
James W. Berrier was a charter member of the chapter, served as president in 1948 and was an avid sportsman and conservationist. He was the prime mover in the construction of the new chapter house. This is one of the reasons the lake bears his name. More than 300 people turned out for the dedication ceremony. Congressman Dewitt Hyde was guest speaker. The lake was dedicated on June 21, 1958 – the chapter’s 25th anniversary.
When visiting the lake, please follow the Lake Rules.